HORROR FANATIC MOVIE SCALE
HOW IT WORKS:
Hello there! Every movie that I review will be graded in 4 categories: Quality, Continuity, Character Performances, and Shock level. Each with 25 points, all adding up to 100 total Spine-Chiller points.
- Quality: whether or not the CGI is good, and does everything look real and not cheap.
- Continuity: does the story make sense plot wise? And is the timeline questionable or not?
- Character Performances: are the actors and actresses well known? Are they good at their role? Do they make their character seem believable by their performance?
- Shock Level: are there any terrifying jumpscares? Are you hiding under a blanket the entire time, and if so is it okay and not too bad to be able to finish it?
I was originally going to do 5 categories, including Gore, but I decided to leave that out, since I believe that every movie has a specific type of gore that makes sense to it. So rating them all on gore didn’t make sense. I will let you know about the gore, if it stands out, separately from the Spine-Chiller points.
THE WISH LIST
The Wish List point system, has different categories, reflecting how I choose movies to watch. The 5 Wish List categories: Description, Trailer, People, Survey, and How I Feel. Each has 20 points, all adding up to 100 Spine-Chiller points. Here is a breakdown of the 4 first categories:
Breakdown of the 5 Wish List categories:
- Description: does the wikipedia description make it intriguing?
- Trailer: is the trailer spooky and enticing?
- People: who is in this movie? Are they well known?
- Survey: do people say this movie is good or bad? What do others think about this movie, and is it worth watching from what they say?
- How I Feel: my general in take from what I’ve heard or my background knowledge on how good or bad I think it might be.
Hope this is as clear as mud for you!